Intermediate Structural Engineer
- Full Time
As an Intermediate Structural Engineer, you are expected to work closely with the Department Manager to ensure all project deliverables are completed with absolute engineering integrity. You are expected to assist in achieving project objectives within specified timelines, schedules and budgets. Your work will include structural design, analysis, and detailing of building structures and facilities including calculations and preparation of related documents.
- Perform assessments and structural feasibilities on building integrity, remedial approaches, and retrofits for structural solutions, prepare reports and designs based on findings/investigations
- Conduct construction site reviews, ensure work is performed in accordance with original engineered specifications
- Prepare quotes and/or proposals for new projects
- Manage and monitor projects through all phases
- Mentor and assist in developing all engineering staff
- Client management including monthly invoicing and assisting of collecting accounts.
- Registered, for a minimum of 1 year, as a Professional
- Relevant experience in structural design or the construction industry, including a variety of successfully managed projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering – Structural Major
- 5 years of civil engineering experience in structural design or construction environment.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario with a degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Major). Additional provincial seals an asset
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Willingness and ability to expertly assess, validate and stamp engineered drawings and structural design
- Advanced understanding of quality standards for structural design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles, as well as all relevant codes and jurisdictions
- Knowledge of sustainable building design and construction, masonry and/or precast applications, including strength of material specifications and engineering standards
- Ability to read, and interpret a wide variety of written resources including procedures, manuals, diagrams, architectural or electrical drawings and schedule forms
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and structural analysis software as well as experience with Autodesk Revit
- Strong knowledge of the OCB, OHSA and Construction Lien Acts
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning